I used this froggy material I got while I was in Boston and some sea sucker material I already had on hand.
I'm not going to go through every step for how to make this purse, because you can see it here, but I started by cutting my fat quaters (1-frog material, 1-sea-sucker material, 1-interfacing). The frog material is a heavier weight, so I did not use interfacing on it.
I made a pattern myself out of newspaper and cut it out of the material.
Then came the tough decision of what rick-rack to use. I decided on the dark green.
I spent some time getting the rick-rack pinned on just right before sewing, but it went pretty easy sewing it on.
Next, I decided I would make some card pockets inside my clutch. So before sewing the two pieces together, I made these little pockets on the sea-sucker or lining side of the clutch.
I also wanted a strap to use around my wrist, so I fashioned one out of the sea-sucker material.
Then it was just a matter of sewing all the pieces together.
I then made the flower, like she has on her clutch. But, I put a pin back on mine so I could take the flower on and off. I sorta like mine without the flower.
Pretty simple and it came together in about 2 hours. I am sure I will be making more of these!